You are at the right place if you want to know How To Create a WhatsApp Account. WhatsApp is a messaging app that lets you send and receive individual or group text messages, voice calls, and even video calls over Wi-Fi.
It’s popular because it’s cross-platform—you can use it on both iPhone and Android, and many people use it for international travel as an alternative to using cellular service.
Getting started with WhatsApp is easy by creating an account. For starters, it is easy to use and offers a smooth user experience. This means users can quickly learn how to send messages, photos, videos, and audio files without having to study complicated instructions or watch tutorials.
How To Create a WhatsApp Account Step-by-Step?
The process of creating a WhatsApp account is the same on both iPhone and Android. The phone number you associate with your WhatsApp account doesn’t have to be the phone number you’re installing the app on — you just need access to the phone so you can verify text messages during setup.
If you want, you can install WhatsApp on a phone that doesn’t have an active cellular plan. As long as you have access to Wi-Fi, you can use WhatsApp to send texts and make calls.
- Download WhatsApp Messenger on your mobile phone from App Store or Google Play Store.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Choose your preferred language and tap on the arrow in the bottom left corner.
- Enter your phone number, then click “Next”. If a pop-up appears, click “OK” to confirm your number.
- Click “Continue” to verify your account with a call. Alternatively, click “Verify with SMS” to receive the WhatsApp code via SMS.
- Enter the six-digit code you will receive via SMS. Alternatively, if you don’t receive the code via SMS, “Didn’t receive the code?” Click on Click and choose either “Send SMS” or “Call me”. When you enter the correct code, WhatsApp will automatically verify the phone number.
- On the popup that appears, click “Continue” to allow WhatsApp access to your contacts and media. Select “Not Now” if you don’t want to give the app access.
- Under Profile Info, tap the camera plus icon and select a profile picture from your gallery or camera. Note that it is not mandatory to have a profile picture on WhatsApp.
- Type your name, then click “Next.” Note that name registration is mandatory on WhatsApp.
- You have successfully created a WhatsApp account. Find friends by syncing your contacts or adding them manually. Start chatting! Now you can send text messages, photos, videos, etc.
Why Do You Need a WhatsApp Account?
Want to stay connected to your friends and family without spending a ton of money on data or international calling plans? Then WhatsApp is the right solution for you!
With this awesome app, you will be able to stay connected with your friends and family in real-time. Not only can you send funny messages and share photos and videos, but you can also create group chats.
If that wasn’t enough, WhatsApp also allows you to make free audio and video calls over a Wi-Fi or data connection.
If you are wondering how to create a WhatsApp account, check out the sections below. All you need is a smartphone and an internet connection.
Write About Your WhatsApp
WhatsApp about is a short summary of who you are, what you’re doing, or a way to send messages to your contacts. If you don’t customize the message, the app automatically reads, “Hey, I’m using WhatsApp.”
To create a custom WhatsApp About, follow the steps below:
- Open WhatsApp on your mobile device. Restart WhatsApp.
- Tap on “Settings”. WhatsApp Settings
- Tap your profile picture at the top.
- Tap the pencil icon in the “About” section.
- Write the message and click “Save”.
Note: The message is limited to 108 characters only.
WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps with over 2 billion users worldwide. If you want to join WhatsApp, you just need a phone number. Setting up your account and profile on WhatsApp only takes a few minutes.